Monday, December 22, 2008

people that do good deeds still excist!

On Saturday the girls and I went to the store so we could let Erick sleep a little longer, it was cold, wet, and snowy, so you can imagine how hard it was to go out with Nai'a and Xanti in such horrible weather, the snow was blowing all over and Xanti's car seat was soaked, Nai'a on the other was enjoying the weather, stomping in the snow, getting wet, and getting dirty slushy snow all over the car. Not so exciting for me!!! Having to carry Xanti in a car seat that seems to be heavier than her and trying to keep track of Nai'a, since she seems to think she no longer needs to hold my hand. After all she is a big girl now. When I entered the store everything changed, I was greeted nicely by everyone we passed with smiles and nice hello's everyone seemed to be in great spirit. We were finally done shopping and surprisingly both girls were very well behaved, now I had to face the dreaded weather again that only seemed to be getting worst. there I was trying to get Nai'a in her car seat without getting much mud in the car while in the mean time Xanti was getting a little snowed on. Finally I got her in, now I faced another challenge lifting the car seat with Xanti inside of it and when you are 4 ft. 9 1/2 in. lifting a car seat with baby out of the top part of the shopping cart can be a little challenging. at this point was when an older lady walked over and offered a helping hand. What an angel...I find it very hard now a days to find strangers that are willing to help another stranger in need. It doesn't end there, We drove back to Oakley to by meat at the local store, I find the meat to be allot fresher and cheaper there. We were leaving and a gentleman stopped what he was doing and opened the door for us, I thanked him but he then asked, "which car is yours?" I told him and he walked over to it and opened the back door so that I could put the girls in. I was blown away... nice people that just want to do something nice without receiving anything but a simple Thank you and Marry Christmas are still out there.

I'm the type of person that if you are standing behind me in a long line waiting to pay and you only have a few things I will let you go ahead of me even if I have my two girls. If you have a stroller and baby aboard I will hold the door for you sometimes I may not be going to the same store, I just don't have the heart to walk away from someone that needs help. If I see you and you are in need and I can help I don't walk away. When people help me I feel entirely grateful to them.

I write this because many times I have gone shopping or gone out to pay a few bills and needed someone to open a door or hand me something I just dropped because my hands were full and people just walk right by me. It makes me sad to know that the niceness in the world is disappearing.

So, if you are are out and about and can lend a helping hand don't hesitate to do so it could mean the world to someone.

No comments: