Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthday/Thanksgiving

Erick had a birthday, November 26th. He is now 26. Time has really flown I met Erick when he was 17 so it's been almost 10 years and what a journey it's been with more yet to come.

We didn't do anything big since Thanksgiving was the following day. We went to Salt Lake and ate tacos al pastor then drove back to his parents house and enjoyed a homemade chocolate cake with a cherry cream frosting, which I made for him, at his special request and it was totally yumshus. mmmm...that's going in my recipe book! we hung out with his family then went home.

Thanksgiving,

I made my first turkey, (I can't believe I didn't take pictures) I have to say it was the best turkey I have ever had. To be honest I don't really like turkey but this turkey was delish. I let it marinate over night and Five hours later the next day it was cooked to perfection, so filled with flavor and oh so moist. I also made the mashed potatoes, a corn dish and my mom's famous bite size meat balls to snack on. My sister-in-law Mirelle made The green bean casserole, pumpkin cheesecake and sweet yams, my mother-in-law made apple pie the drink, the roles and provided her home, needless to say we had a delicious feast. We toasted and went around the table saying what we were thankful for.

So many things to be thankful, our families, jobs, health, for us being able to live in this country, the gospel, gods constant guidance and protection, our homes, our friends,and the list goes on. I love the holidays, I love spending extra time with our loved ones and the food is so good, but this is also a time when I get a little, ok allot nostalgic since I have no immediate family to share it with no mom, dad, sister, or brother. This is why I am extra thankful for Erick's family. I am not treated like the daughter-in-law or the sister-in-law but as a daughter and a sister I think that if you were a stranger looking in on our family you would think I was the daughter and Erick the son-in-law, I have such a special bond with Erick's family I truly feel loved and welcomed, and That is what I am most thankful for.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your feast sounds delish! How great that you feel so loved!