Monday, February 2, 2009

Lets try even harder to keep them safe

It seems a though every time I go to the store I learn something new or it helps me in some way...
On Friday I took my Sister to Heber, her son was sick so we went to  a clinic there. When we were done we went to the grocery store to pick up the medicine the doctor recommended. We had her two year old, Nai'a and Xanti, so you can imagine the riot. Nai'a wanted her own cart, Corey wanted to ride standing up Xanti was getting fussy, Nai'a didn't want to ride in the cart, then Corey didn't want to, anyway you get the picture. By the time we were ready to pay they were even worst pulling on the credit card machine, picking candy of the shelves... you know. 
The lady that was bagging our stuff saw that we were having a hard time so she asked them if they wanted a balloon. Corey, he didn't really care he was to into the credit card machine to care. Nai'a, she just gave the lady her hand and walked away to the balloon stand, she didn't even ask or even look at me she just left. She couldn't even see me from there and in order for me to see her I had to take a few steps and kind of tippy toe. It didn't mean much to me then, I thought, "how nice of this lady to have gone out of her way to help us calm our kids." We then walk over and said our thank you's and drove to my sisters, after dropping Evelin off we then drove home, while driving home I was analyzing the day, and that was  when I realized... uh! just thinking about it upsets my tummy. Yes it was very thoughtful of the lady at the store to have taken Nai'a hand in hand and give her a balloon, but it made me realize how easy it would be for someone to harm my sweet little princess, all that lady did was mention a balloon and like I mentioned before Nai'a took her hand without hesitation and left. 
I have talked to Nai'a about strangers many times and I will continue to do so even though she doesn't quite get it. This was such an eye opener for me. I thought of the many times she has just taken of in the store and I've had to chase after her it is only a mater of seconds in the time someone takes to say " you want a balloon" my child could be gone. I think I might double think those things that look like child leashes, I don't know about you but I have always thought those things were a little wrong, but I would rather have people thinking I'm cruel, weird, a bad mom or any other thing people think when they see a parent pulling a toddler on one of those than having my child go missing.
We all love our children very much and I think you would all agree with me that having your child kidnapped is our worst nightmare. So lets try even harder to keep a better look out on our sweet little ones, especially if they are extra friendly and not shy at all when it comes to people, like my little Nai'a, it could only take seconds. 



she is toooo beautiful and precious!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Wow Nai is getting so big. I think it's time u and your hubby come over to visit at my house. Do u still have my number??? Give me a call or u can stop by my work. I'm at Aspen around 9-6. Hope to see u soon!!!!