Thursday, October 16, 2008

Count your many blessings


I've been wanting to post this for a while, now I finally have the time.

A few weeks ago the girls and I went for a drive to Park City, it was a Saturday, I figured we could hit a few yard sales and in the mean time let Erick sleep a little longer on his day of. I didn't get much , just some random stuff nothing to exciting. On the drive back both my girls were asleep, the radio was off and it was in complete silence, I started to admire the drive and think about life. I had been so stressed about a few things going on that I had forgotten about how blessed I really am. So that was the moment, the moment I thought about the many blessings I have. My husband is a wonderful man. He is very thoughtful, he has always provided us with what we need and a little more, he supports everything I do even my not so bright ideas, he has never stopped me from doing what I want. He loves the savior and our heavenly father and has a strong testimony of the true church. Erick loves me with all he is and shows it in many ways. I have two beautiful little girls , they are both healthy , smart and very special. The lord has never left us alone, he has always protected us and has blessed me with the companionship of the holy ghost. Just that morning I was driving to Park City a bit over the speed limit and all of a sudden I thought " just because it's daylight doesn't mean I can drive this fast I still don't know what's up ahead, I'd better slow down." Right when I started to slow down a deer ran across, I would have hit it had I not listened to the spirit telling me to slow down. I am so thankful for the gift of the holy ghost what would I be without it? I am blessed with having great in-laws, they support us in so many ways. When I need a break from the girls my mother in-law is always willing to watch them, they are both great parents and great friends to me I could not have asked for better in-laws. I have good health, we live in a nice place we have the truth in our lives, that's a big one I always think of how hard it is to not know what your purpose in this life is. How hard it is to not know why we are here and what will happen after this life. I'm blessed to know the truth and to know why, why we suffer and why we feel joy, why there is good and also much evil. It is to hard to just live day to day not knowing the purpose of this life not knowing why we are even here who made us and if being good is even worth it. I'm so grateful to my heavenly father for helping me find these answers. I'm thankful for prayer especially the prayers of thanks. It feels so good to be able to offer a prayer of thanks, nothing else but thanks. I think it's something we should all do from time to time, thank our creator for this beautiful world he has given us to enjoy, thank him for our families, our friends, our health, our jobs the trials that are sent to us and just simply our existence.

These are some pictures from the drive to my house. How can one not be thankful for the beautiful things the wold is made up of?







2 comments:

Megan said...

Very cool! Thanks for that! It's true, we are so blessed in so many ways! I think it's so wonderful that when we can stop and realize it often. Sometimes we get too caught up in what we DON'T have! Thank you for reminding me about what's important.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I'm thankful for YOU (and your cute clothes) ;)