Friday, October 31, 2008

Nai'a's birthday

My beautiful princesa

I know it's a little late but Nai's turned three- years-old on September 30th. CRAZY!!! can't believe she is already three, all though she acts like she is thirteen. HELP!!! What will I do when she is really thirteen? We had a family dinner and cake on her actual birthday, then on October 11th we had a princess birthday party. I know you are probably asking "why so late?" We didn't want to have it before which would be September 27th, the following weekend would have been perfect but... it was General Conference, our next option was the weekend after conference which brings us to October the 11th. It was a blast! She enjoyed every bit of it and that's all that matters right? she got many gifts and we had most of our close friends come. the food was yumshus! ( made by my mother-in-law) treats were made by me. I made magic wands (white chocolate covered pretzel rods with m&m's, flower sandwiches, and chocolate cups (they say those were yumshus too). I made homemade crowns with jewels for the guest and the party bags I cut in shape of castles. Tia Mirelle helped me decorate (Thanks it was so pretty!). I even made a Pinata ( pink hot air balloon shape) which didn't last very long I should have done more layers of paper mache but Erick said to not do it to thick other wise the kids weren't going to be able to brake it. " well he was wrong" (kids are stronger than we think). We danced and played a few games. "What a fun party!"... but I don't think we will be doing one for while. Xanti had started to teeth that day and she just cried historically for the second half of the night, I was really frustrated and tiered. I guess we'll have to throw Xanti a one-year-old party and a three-year-old party just so they don't say we favored one more than the other when they are older, and then we are done throwing BIG patties for some years. They are lots of work! They are worth it just to see your kids happy but I think I can only handle a few for each child in one life time.

Well, here are some pictures of her princess party


Nai'a casting a spell


Nai'a and cousin Sean... How cute!


This is what happens when you give a three-year-old dress up eye shadow.


Playing musical chairs


Dale! Dale! Dale!


All the kids collecting candy


Queremos pastel!


Papa and his little princess Xanti


Carlitos and Mariely Aquin (such beautiful kids!)


Nai'a with the Howard girls (we love you)


Nai'a with the Kerr's (Thanks for being such great examples)




Singing happy birthday and las mananitas




eating the cake

1 comment:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I so wish we could have been there...and especially that Lucy could have been there. It just breaks my heart. We love you guys so much and we love Nai'a. After you left on Saturday, Vic and I both said, "I love them, they are like family." We are so comfortable with you.

Happy Birthday to my little Nai'a, the closest thing to Lucy I have on earth.