Thursday, August 7, 2008

missing home

Lately I've been so so home sick. I feel so distant and alone.
I wish I could sit on my moms lap and have her nibble on my ears like she did when I was a little girl. I miss her peeking in at me late at night to see if I was OK. I use to wake up an hour earlier just so I could crawl into her bed and cuddle.
If I close my eyes really really tight and think about home and the family I left behind I could almost hear the sound of the music playing in the streets, I wave back at the people that walk by, some complete strangers yet the urge to pass on the love and joy they feel in there simple lives is so valuable. I could almost feel the breeze cooling my body from such a hot day. I can see my mom pulling me up to dance bachata while we wait for the rice to cook. Now I'm jumping off a cliff and land into the perfect clear blue water... a perfect splash. I can hear my friends cheering me on as we begin to walk up the cliff to do all over again. I can smell the salt in the sea and hear the airplane flying up above. the sky is so blue there is barley a cloud insight. Now I am on our balcony hanging out with my mom. she loves it when I run my fingers through her hair and painting her toenails has always been my favorite... she has perfect feet. i miss eating her food so much and yet no matter how hard I try I can't remember what it taste like. I can't help but wonder... will I ever see her again in this life? Will I get to taste her delicious food once again? Will I be able to feel her tender loving arms wrapped around me once more? or will I have to wait until the next life to feel the joy of having my mother next to me?
My mother has taught me things that make me who I am today. I am a sharing person thanks to her. I remember that whenever she went to a friends house they would give her candy or a chocolate and she would always bring me half no matter the size or how good it was she always saved me half. I have a strong relationship with the savior because ever since I was little she talked to me about him and when I was sick she always told me to stay close to him and ask him for strength. My mother is my best friend and my hero. I only pray that I may be the kind of mother she is. If I can love my girls the way she loves me I know my girls will turn out great and will never feel alone in this world where a good friend can be hard to come by.

3 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Now you made me cry. Did you get my text today??

This was beautiful. Can we help you see your mom? Can we help pay for a plane ticket?? I'm serious.

Megan said...

Hey I just found your blog on Molly's! I'm glad you have one. It was fun to read about the four of you. I'm sorry you're feeling so homesick :( I hope you do get to see your mom again soon.

I loved reading about your memories of growing up at home. It made me think about how different each person's childhood is. It would be neat to be able to meet your mom someday and tell her thanks for raising such a special person!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I was thinking about you (missing you!) last week at Girl's Camp. What a sweet post about your childhood and your mom. I've seen you with your sweet girls and you are the same kind of mom - your girls are so lucky to have you!